RFID or Radio Frequency Identification is a technology used to track and identify objects using radio waves. RFID is used in various industries including retail, transportation, and healthcare. With the advancement in technology, it is now possible to scan RFID with your iPhone. In this article, we will discuss how to scan RFID with iPhone and the benefits of using this technology.
Step 1: Check iPhone Compatibility
Before you begin, you need to ensure that your iPhone is compatible with RFID scanning. Apple introduced NFC (Near Field Communication) technology in iPhone 7 and later models. NFC enables your iPhone to communicate with RFID tags and scan them. So, if you have an iPhone 7 or later model, you can scan RFID using your iPhone.
Step 2: Download RFID Scanning App
To scan RFID with iPhone, you need to download an RFID scanning app. There are various RFID scanning apps available on the App Store, choose the one that is compatible with your iPhone model. Some popular RFID scanning apps include:
GoToTags is a free RFID scanning app that allows you to scan and read NFC tags using your iPhone. The app is easy to use and provides detailed information about the scanned tags.
iScanBrowser is a paid RFID scanning app that is designed for businesses. The app supports various RFID and barcode scanners and can be integrated with your business software.
Step 3: Scan RFID
Once you have downloaded the RFID scanning app, you can start scanning RFID tags using your iPhone. To scan RFID, follow these steps:
- Launch the RFID scanning app on your iPhone
- Hold your iPhone near the RFID tag
- Make sure that your iPhone is within the range of the RFID tag
- Wait for the app to detect the RFID tag
- The app will display the information about the scanned tag
It is important to note that the range of RFID scanning depends on the type of RFID tag and iPhone model. So, make sure to check the range before scanning the RFID tag.
Benefits of Scanning RFID with iPhone
Scanning RFID with iPhone offers various benefits including:
- Convenience: You don’t need to carry a separate RFID scanner, your iPhone can do the job
- Cost-effective: RFID scanning apps are affordable compared to traditional RFID scanners
- Enhances efficiency: RFID scanning with iPhone can speed up the process and improve accuracy
In conclusion, scanning RFID with iPhone is a convenient and cost-effective way to track and identify objects. By following the above steps, you can easily scan RFID using your iPhone and enjoy the benefits of this technology.