Do you keep getting unwanted voicemails from blocked numbers? It can be frustrating to have to listen to these messages, especially if they’re spam or from someone you don’t want to hear from. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent blocked numbers from leaving you voicemails on your Android phone. Here’s how:
Method 1: Use a Third-Party App
One of the easiest ways to block voicemails from blocked numbers is to use a third-party app. There are a variety of apps available on the Google Play Store that can help you block unwanted calls and voicemails.
One popular app is called “Mr. Number.” This app allows you to block specific numbers, as well as entire area codes. It also has a feature that allows you to block calls and texts from private or unknown numbers.
Here’s how to use Mr. Number:
- Download and install the app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap on the “Block” tab.
- Tap on “Add” and select the phone number you want to block.
- Tap on “Block” and the number will be added to your blocked list.
You can also use other third-party apps like “Truecaller” and “Call Blocker” to block blocked numbers from leaving voicemails. These apps have similar features, and you can choose the one that works best for you.
Method 2: Contact Your Carrier
If you don’t want to use a third-party app, you can also contact your carrier to block voicemails from blocked numbers. Most carriers have a feature that allows you to block specific numbers or unknown callers.
Here’s how to block voicemail from blocked numbers:
- Contact your carrier’s customer service department.
- Ask the representative to block voicemails from a specific number or unknown callers.
- Follow any additional steps provided by the representative to complete the process.
Keep in mind that some carriers may charge a fee for this service, so be sure to check with your carrier before proceeding.
Method 3: Use Do Not Disturb Mode
If you don’t want to use a third-party app or contact your carrier, you can also use the “Do Not Disturb” mode on your Android phone. This mode allows you to block calls and notifications from specific numbers and contacts.
Here’s how to use Do Not Disturb mode:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap on “Sound & notification.”
- Tap on “Do Not Disturb.”
- Tap on “Priority only allows.”
- Select “Calls” from the list of options.
- Tap on “Custom” and select the phone numbers you want to block.
- Toggle on “Allow repeat callers” if you want to allow calls from the same number within a 15-minute timeframe.
Keep in mind that using the “Do Not Disturb” mode may also block calls and notifications from other important contacts, so be sure to adjust the settings accordingly.
Blocking voicemails from blocked numbers on your Android phone is easy and can save you a lot of frustration. Whether you choose to use a third-party app, contact your carrier, or use the “Do Not Disturb” mode, there are plenty of options available to help you take control of your phone’s voicemail.
People Also Ask:
Q: Can I block voicemails from unknown or private numbers?
A: Yes, you can use third-party apps like “Mr. Number” or “Call Blocker” to block voicemails from unknown or private numbers.
Q: Will blocking a number also block their voicemails?
A: Yes, blocking a number will also block their voicemails. However, keep in mind that some voicemails may still be delivered to your phone’s voicemail box.
Q: How do I unblock a number?
A: If you want to unblock a number, simply remove it from your blocked list in the “Mr. Number” app or contact your carrier to remove it from their blocked list.